View Single Post
Old April 14 2010, 11:26 AM   #24
Ensign_Redshirt
Commodore

Re: was ezri right in Tacking into the Wind - are Klingons hypocrites?

Navaros wrote: View Post
Worf murdered an unarmed Weyoun,
Weyon was accompanied and protected by several armed guards though, while Worf himself was unarmed. Weyoun was the one with the "tactical superiority" here. What was Worf supposed to do? Announcing his intention first? "I'm going to attack you in five seconds. Prepare yourself"? Well, that would go rather well. Using the element of surprise isn't necessarily considered dishonourable, especially when you're in a inferior position.

Weyoun had it coming. If you don't want to get attacked by a Klingon, don't capture him, don't torture him, don't threaten him with execution, and don't insult his "girlfriend" in front of her. And you could in fact argue that Worf was defending Ezri's honour by killing Weyoun. Under these conditions it's fair game. Weyoun was the one challenging Worf. I don't see anything dishonourable here.

Navaros wrote: View Post
and also challenged Gowron to a duel even though according to Klingon rules he was only allowed to challenge Martok.
When was this explicitly stated? All the other Klingons in the room (except for Martok) didn't seem to have much of a problem with Worf challenging Gowron. They also wanted to make him Chancellor after he won.

And even if he broke some rule by challenging Gowron... there's a difference between following the rules and being honourable. Some of the most dishonourable Klingons were always following the "rules". I guess Gowron wasn't breaking any rules when he dishonoured Worf and his family again in "The Way of the Warrior". But it still wasn't a very honourable thing to do.
Ensign_Redshirt is offline   Reply With Quote