View Single Post
Old April 13 2010, 10:58 PM   #70
KRAD
Keith R.A. DeCandido

View KRAD's Twitter Profile
Re: Seven Deadly Sins Discuss/ Grade

lvsxy808 wrote: View Post
Klingons: "The Unhappy Ones" (Wrath)
Though it may seem sacrilege to say it, I feel like this is where it started to slump a bit. Again, a nice hole filled, in which we learned how the lumpy and the smooth Klingons interact. But I just wasn't quite sure of the point of the whole thing, or how the assigned sin of Wrath applied to the situation. I didn't see Wrath leading to anyone's downfall especially.
The whole story was built around wrath. I wasn't trying to make it be a "downfall" exactly -- I wasn't taking the "deadly" part of the title as seriously, I guess -- but wrath drove the entire story. Krov toward Gahlar, Malvak toward both Sorkav and Gahlar after Krov was killed, the workers regarding how Malvak was treated, Kang toward Sorkav and Kobyk (and regarding the QuchHa' state), and so on. There was anger all over the place....

Anyway, it was nice to see Kor, Koloth and Kang's first meeting, and it was fun to see that the Klingon propoganda machine blames the Augment Virus for the war against the Federation.
Seemed a logical thing.

Has it been established how the virus was cured so that K, K & K got their foreheads?
As Christopher said, that was covered in Star Trek: Excelsior: Forged in Fire by Mssrs. Martin & Mangels.

"Even when you turn your back, you're facing something."
KRAD is offline   Reply With Quote