View Single Post
Old April 12 2010, 06:21 AM   #828
Location: Tribbles are on the bridge, your lunch tray, everywhere-- and multiplying at an alarming rate!
Re: *Spock/Zachary Quinto Appreciation Zone*

DevilEyes wrote: View Post
At least if they switched the gender of the main character, the premise would be just a little less cliche. A little. But no. Romcom is a genre built on gender-based stereotyping.

Yes, indeed. I often feel that my intelligence is being insulted just when seeing the advertising for such movies. They tend to say, "Hey, you're a girl. Your main interests are relationships and fashion, right?" Wrong.

It's interesting that you mention switching the gender of the main character. I am willing to bet that his sleeping with twenty women would be treated quite differently than a woman sleeping with twenty men. Not to get off on a sociological tangent here...

Okay, peripherally related to ZQ is the fact that Nimoy now has his own twitter account, for those of you who don't yet know:

He has been updating on a fairly regular basis, and is following both Shatner and Zachary.

I quoted this in the TOS forum too, but I think it is cute enough to repeat:

(Nimoy): @WilliamShatner Hey Bil. Leonard here. Following you. Hope to see you soon
(Shatner): @TheRealNimoy Leonard, following me is a good idea. Seeing me is a better idea. I'll take you out to dinner soon. My best, Bill

To which Zach replied:
@WilliamShatner @TheRealNimoy as long as you invite spock jr. it's only logical.

Cutest thing ever? I think it just might be!

Tribbles is offline   Reply With Quote