View Single Post
Old April 11 2010, 11:06 PM   #6
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: Watching Farscape lately...

Forbin wrote: View Post
Why yes, yes I did, and it was a wonderful re-experience.
This. Farscape holds up damn well, and honestly, I think it has basically the right approach to space opera compared to any other show of recent years or maybe ever - the right blend of weirndess, whimsy, melodrama and farce. This is how epic space odysseys ought to be done, people.

Trent Roman wrote: View Post
Speaking of which, it might be just me, but it feels like the plots are getting harder to follow, not just strange but outright inconprehensible.
After watching the entire show twice I still have no idea what's really going on in the Arnessk arc. That it included a 'previously on' featuring a scene that never took place didn't help.

But yeah, season four does have some major flaws, particularly in the first half of the season. The good news, such as it is, is that the final arc of the series is the equal to the concluding arcs of the previous seasons. Lots of big crazy plot stuff going on there.