View Single Post
Old April 10 2010, 10:41 AM   #45
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Re: Nolan -verse update

T'Baio wrote: View Post
I'd like to see, if there ever is a reboot, Kerry Conran do a period Batman flick in the vein of Sky Captain. I know it'll never happen, but one can dream.
Personally, I'd like to see this done with Superman, as I think that character would fit the concept better than Batman. However, that doesn't mean I don't think it would work with Batman.

Lapis Exilis wrote: View Post
ClayinCA wrote: View Post
Kegg wrote: View Post
The third alternative is an ending that is not an ending; that is, Batman is still out there, but the third film wraps things up thematically somehow. That does leave more wiggle room for a non-Nolan fourth picture to suggest it's a semi-sequel, though.
This is what I'm hoping for, and what I would imagine Warner Bros. would want, too.
Not me - give us a real ending to the story please.
Who says that a "real ending" has to include the character dying/giving up the mantle/etc? Can't a "real ending" be a thematic ending with the issues that have been building since BB resolved, but with Batman still around for (potential) future adventures?

For example, the original Star Wars trilogy. If you look at the trilogy as a whole, the Emperor and Darth Vader were defeated, but the Empire was still around and the good guys were still there to have future adventures.
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote