View Single Post
Old April 6 2010, 03:50 PM   #59
Vice Admiral
Re: Should There Be A Blu Ray Of The Animaited Series?

^ As far as I know, The Animated Series actually did use some rotoscoping. Some of the more lively movements of the NCC-1701 were done that way, for example.

Personally, I might add, I'm rather fond of Filmation's style, too.

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
^Just a few little random colour botches were fixed, like Kirk momentarily wearing a red shirt for a few seconds in an episode (which, oddly, is shown in one of the menu pics). I think the Klingon outfits were changed from pink to purple as well.
I may be wrong since I saw TAS long ago before getting the DVD, but I think they toned down the orange of Kirk's hair and gave him a natural skin tone as well. I think he was white as a sheet in the originals (but it was *years* ago so I may be misremembering)
The Delta Triangle change annoyed me, because it was so pointless. What they should have done and didn't was change the Andorian's skin in "Yesteryear" blue.
Ah, thanks for the info. I'm just so used to how the episodes look on DVD by now. I do own some untouched episodes on VHS, but I haven't seen them in ages.
Bashir: »Out of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?«
Garak: »My dear doctor, they're all true.«
Bashir: »Even the lies?«
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote