View Single Post
Old April 6 2010, 02:22 PM   #60
Thrawn
Rear Admiral

Re: Seven Deadly Sins Discuss/ Grade

Hm, I didn't mean to be quite as harsh as I sounded. I think it was more an expectations thing; I expected all the stories to give us a little more insight into the collective psyche, if you will, of each race, and I suppose that's already been done with the Ferengi enough (especially in The 34th Rule and the Worlds of DS9 Ferengi story) that there just might not have been much of a way to do that here. And I was never a fan of the way the Ferengi were used on the show in the first place; the Quark episodes were always my least favorite ones. I felt like they could've actually made the Ferengi into a legitimate culture, instead of just using them for comic farce all the time. Playing an entire society purely for laughs got a little annoying after a while. Your story definitely hit that same tone, which I agree isn't necessarily a bad thing, just not my cup of tea.

Hope I wasn't too discouraging. I'd certainly be interested in seeing you return to TrekLit in a story that's more towards my sensibilities.
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote