View Single Post
Old April 5 2010, 11:00 PM   #55
milo bloom
Fleet Captain

Re: Should There Be A Blu Ray Of The Animaited Series?

Emperor-Tiberius wrote: View Post
Milo Bloom wrote: View Post
Emperor-Tiberius wrote: View Post
Ideally, the blu-ray of TAS would include touched up - improved episodes on the existing run, and an addition of the scrapped Secrets of the Vulcan Fury retooled as a six-part arc (yeah, I also know that won't happen, but thats why I said ideally, too).

Ah, well.
What story is that?
It was a video game project that was to be released in the late 90's. All the TOS actors were back to voice their characters, even DeForest Kelley, in a story conducted by DC Fontana that was to be set during that first five-year mission.

I would so love to see this released one day, and with TAS un-released in BD, it'd be a great dream come true if they took the VO material from the game, and the storyline too, and released both together, or seperately with The Search of Vulcan Fury being a mini-season and all that.

Ah, well. Will never happen.
Was the voicework for that game actually done? It's hard to imagine TPTB sitting on so much unused material like that, they could at least make some sort of audio production like those Doctor Who "radio plays" that are apparently so popular.

If the voicework was done, then I have to think it would be worth the trouble to do some animation. Even some [adult swim] style Flash stuff would do.