View Single Post
Old April 3 2010, 08:49 PM   #123
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: long waits on Netflix

Witterquick wrote: View Post
Good for you Temis. How do you create a new phantom user? I couldn't find a link anywhere on the site. Maybe it's because I'm not a real member yet? The box was pretty boring by the way.
Go to Your Account at upper right on the screen.
Scroll to the bottom and click Account Profiles.
Click Add Profile.

It doesn't matter what the profile name is, since you can have the DVDs sent to your address under your name (as though you're the parent and the second profile is a child.)

What I do is keep all my DVDs in my original profile except for the long-waited ones, which I put in my second profile (just six or so). I assign all my DVDs to the second profile and use the first one to keep track of everything.

When I want a new release coming out on Netflix, I hold back a DVD and send it in either late Friday or the Saturday before the release. Then I will have an open spot first thing on Monday when they are divvying out who gets the new releases that arrive in the Tuesday mail.
The problem with that strategy is that you end up paying more per-DVD for the "benefit" of getting the titles sooner. The name of the game here is to not pay more, and still get what you want. Don't just give in to what Netflix wants you to do!
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote