View Single Post
Old April 3 2010, 09:52 AM   #378
Pauln6
Rear Admiral

Re: WIP - TMP Enterprise, deck by deck

I had a pretty good look at this thread yesterday (although a lot of the tech speak is way above my head). This project is so cool!

We have the arboretum, gym, shuttle bay, cargo bay, main and impulse engineering, Rec-deck, transporter rooms, officer's lounge, galley/mess, sick bay, auxillary control, turbolifts, jeffries tubes, bridge, torpedeo room, airlocks, emergency bridge, emergency sick bay, and crew quarters.

Does anybody have any thoughts on what else that needs to be allocated? I can think of the computer room, auxillery computer room, computer core, back up computer core, communications, sensor analysis, astrometrics (although I suppose the latter two could be in two of the labs?), fresh water supply, and toilets. Anything else? Are there separate power control stations for shields and weapons located near the systems themselves?

It might be interesting to speculate on what the labs might be used for too. I noticed on the 430 crew thread that Enterprise has 14 labs. Perhaps we can postulate for what purpose they might be allocated? All I can think of is: Physics (x3), Botany, Astrobiology, Geology, Archaeology/Paleobiology, Zoology, Chemistry, & Medical Research. Any other suggestions?

Found these references on Memory Alpha - electromagnetic would be part of physics, biopsy would be part of medical, biochemistry could conceivably have it's own lab or might be part of astriobiology, electronics makes sense, although nuclear electronics is a bit too specific:

Geological lab ( TOS: "The Cage")
Astrophysics lab
Electromagnetic section (TOS: "The Apple")
Bio and Medical labs (TOS: "Space Seed")
Biopsy lab (TOS: "The Naked Time")
Biochemistry lab (TOS: "This Side of Paradise")
Chem lab (TOS: "Mirror, Mirror")
Nuclear electronics lab (TOS: "Who Mourns for Adonais?")

Franz Joseph's Enterprise plans suggest these:

Deck 2: Science Laboratories – High Energy, Geology, Ion Study, Chemistry, Biology, Science Officer's Office, Physics [Upper Level]
Deck 3: Science Laboratories – Botany, Communications, Special Studies, Cosmology, Physics [Lower Level]; Photon Torpedo Banks

Last edited by Pauln6; April 4 2010 at 12:59 AM.
Pauln6 is offline   Reply With Quote