View Single Post
Old March 31 2010, 08:57 PM   #29
Lapis Exilis
Rear Admiral
Re: Nolan -verse update

ClayinCA wrote: View Post
Kegg wrote: View Post
The third alternative is an ending that is not an ending; that is, Batman is still out there, but the third film wraps things up thematically somehow. That does leave more wiggle room for a non-Nolan fourth picture to suggest it's a semi-sequel, though.
This is what I'm hoping for, and what I would imagine Warner Bros. would want, too.
Not me - give us a real ending to the story please. As Alan Moore notes in his introduction to The Dark Knight Returns, it's impossible to have a great story without a great ending. This has potential to be a great story and it needs a real ending. Something that absolutely cannot have another chapter. I'm talking a "Louis, this looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship." and "My dear, I don't give a damn." kind of ending. A done, character irrevocably changed forever ending. That would be unexpected and courageous storytelling, and Nolan has shown he has that skill by ending TDK the way he did.
Because I have found I can tolerate being judged far better than I can being of no consequence. - Spock, World Enough and Time, Star Trek: New Voyages
Lapis Exilis is offline   Reply With Quote