View Single Post
Old March 31 2010, 04:36 PM   #49
Garm Bel Iblis
Commodore

View Garm Bel Iblis's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Garm Bel Iblis
Re: Star Trek: Online: The Needs of the Many - Discussion (Spoilers)

ProwlAlpha wrote: View Post
RonG wrote: View Post
ProwlAlpha wrote: View Post
I dont mind the interview style, it reminds me of World War Z. That first interview with the MACO really irks me, seriously, why didn't the author just watch Band of Brothers interviews with the old paratroopers. They didn't sound like that.
For some reason (and maybe OT a bit), this reminded me of M&M's ENT novel The Last Full Measure, which dealt quite heavily with the MACO's.

I seem to recall a bit of an uproar about that novel..

anything rings a bell?
I didn't like that one either. Seriously, I really hate it when the peacemongers get the military persona all wrong. First of all, I was never trained to kill babies, kill children, and kill innocents. I was trained to protect my country, yes it involved learning on how to kill someone who is trying to kill me, my squadmates, my countrymen, and my family.

Me and none of my fellow soldiers ever talked like that first interview. Frankly, that interview was an insult and the author really needs to re-think on who real soldiers and sailors really are.

How about when the MACo pulls out a knife and gets all creepy? I seriously think there are people like Mister martin who think all soldiers are a bunch of thugs ready to wipe out the Na'Vi for their unobtanium.
Garm Bel Iblis is offline   Reply With Quote