View Single Post
Old March 28 2010, 09:36 PM   #28
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: long waits on Netflix

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Like anything else it helps to be the first in line.
I'm always the first in line. I put DVDs on my saved list as soon as the titles are in Netflix's system, months before the DVD release. Oftentimes I have to keep checking back because I know about the title before Netflix has added it. (I wish Netflix had a pre-saved section, where you can type in the names of titles and be notified when Netflix adds any title that seems to be a match for it. It's annoying having to save stuff on post-its near my computer.)

I have 179 DVDs in my regular queue and 48 in the saved queue - pretty much the normal proportion - about 20% of my queue is pre-release DVDs at any given time. Only rarely do I add a DVD directly to the directly regular queue.

Yet I still have trouble getting DVDs in a timely fashion, so I don't think being "first in line" makes any difference at all. Or would the situation be even worse otherwise? Why do I have to have a friggen title in my queue for the better part of a year before I can get it?
From what I can tell all putting it in your que is just "buying the ticket" it doesnt give you a prime spot in "the line to get in". I've add movies on the spur of the moment and gotten them on the day of release.

I also have a long list of movies in the Saved DVD section of my Netflix que. Stuff that hasn't even hit the theaters yet. Once a release date is known it appears next to the title and it's transfered to the DVD list. My saved list is longer than my DVD list.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote