View Single Post
Old March 26 2010, 08:49 PM   #7
View Withers's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Withers Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Withers
Re: A Cardassian Flagship

But of course (labouring this for all it's worth ), is not part of the dynamic that Sisko is the shiny new one and Dukat the rusty old? I mean, Sisko replaced Dukat, in Dukat's eyes- he has Dukat's old job, and Dukat has fallen from grace.
That's very true. I think, were I sat in a room with the creators and writers, and given a reason why he didn't get a new ship to rival Defiant this is as well constructed an argument as I would be likely to get. I will say that it is dependent on which parallel one references in regard to the two as there are so many.

I really like the idea of a special ship for Dukat but I would have been happy seeing a Romulan flagship or a Dominion flagship or even the return of the Klingon flagship once in a while, you know? A sort of break in the monotony of the same classes beating one another down with Defiant as the only "unique" ship on screen most of the time?

Withers is offline   Reply With Quote