View Single Post
Old March 25 2010, 07:15 PM   #51
Melonpool
Lieutenant Commander

View Melonpool's Twitter Profile
Re: New Star Trek Fan Film

I think a lot of people don't give facades enough credit. Not every set needs to be 100% finished -- or even completely authentic. The Bridge is one thing -- since it will undoubtedly be used for several episodes -- and need a lot of room for experimentation. But why waste a long time building an entire Klingon Bridge if all you need is a a captain's chair and part of a back wall?

One of the things I've been trying to do is make all of my set pieces more or less modular -- so that i can reconfigure door flats and wall flats -- and even some of the consoles -- into new configurations to complete several rooms. Even on the original series, I could see using the walls and doors from the briefing room to make the Transporter Room wall. I know they didn't -- but there's no reason we can't!

Also, it makes it a lot easier to store the walls that aren't being used when your stage space is limited. Just some things to think about!

I'm taking yet another pass at the script over the next few days. One good thing about the sets taking as long as they do is that there's really no excuse for having a script that's not as tight as it can be.
Melonpool is offline   Reply With Quote