View Single Post
Old March 24 2010, 06:38 AM   #13
Teiwaz
Lieutenant

Location: Physical:UK, Mental:The Sea of Tranquility, Spiritual: The Heart of the Sun
Re: Is there a lack of creativity in NuBSG Costumes and culture Lack

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I've edited my post. Ron Moore has an explanation for why their culture looks so much like ours and he talked about it in a Q&A session about the show's ending. If anyone is interested, here it is...

I have a cousin who, when we were kids, gave me a low down on the next Star Wars movie after 'A New Hope' (as if he knew, but he was a precocious liar) - of course this was 1979 or so, so I'm not sure that it was called 'A New Hope at the time' I forget the details but it was something about Han Solos brother, Chew Solo coming back from earth. Made it sound as if Chewbacca was named after Han Solos brother, I didn't know Chewbacca was something like a hundred or two hundred years old at the time. A Long time ago in a galaxy far far away does'nt mean alot when you're eight years old.

Do we relate less to the humans on star wars because Luke Skywalker is'nt wearing a shirt and tie. Do we fail to recognise Princess Leia as a princess since she is not in a tiara or dressed for ascot weekend?