View Single Post
Old March 24 2010, 12:20 AM   #87
Luther Sloan
Captain

Re: Unpopular Trek Opinions What Are Yours?

And More...

1. They should have never closed the Star Trek Experience in Vegas. I miss flying to Vegas and hanging out at the Star Trek bar.

2. Kirstie Alley needed to be in Star Trek more.

3. Canon and continuity are like two separate words with their own specific meanings and usage, but essentially they are the same words at the core (when you dig into discovering the basic meaning of the words).

4. It's okay to sleep with a Tribble toy at night... normal people just think it is a duster or fancy mini pillow or something.

5. It is never okay to mention Star Trek on a first date with a girl. Unless of course you met her at a convention or you know she is a Trekkie.

6. Trekkies 3 should be about all the hot, cool, hip and attractive fans of Star Trek.

7. Voyager is not as bad as some people make it out to be. It might have had it's problems, but it still was an exceptionally entertaining show that worked within the realm of Gene Roddenberry's sand box.

8. Star Trek fans should at least read these two basic script writing books: "Screenplay: The Foundations of Screenwriting" and "How to Write a Movie in 21 Days". Whether they intend to become a screen writer or not.

9. More people (even people that don't like comic books) need to read the Star Trek Countdown comic books before they watch JJ Abram's 2009 Star Trek.

10. TNG's Inner Light is over rated, but I still can enjoy it on occasion.

11. The Borg should have had more alien races instead of humans within it's collective. Even though I have used Voyager's 37's episode to help explain why the Borg have mostly human members. In addition, I would also like to point out that I don't consider Enterprise's Regenerations to be a part of the Prime Universe, too. I believe that Star Trek: Enterprise (as a whole) is an altered time line. So the Borg depicted in that episode are not from the Prime Universe. At least for me, anyways.

12. Every Trekkie should at least try playing one of the Star Trek role playing games (the dice and paper version) sometime in their life for fun and or profit.

13. Every Trekkie should at least cook one item from the official Star Trek cook book (whether they are a good cook or not).

14. Girls that don't like Star Trek or can't get into it are not as cool as girls that do.

15. Star Trek 4, the one with the whales, was a light hearted fun little film and is better than all of the TNG movies put together.

16. There should be a kick butt graphic novel explaining that Star Trek: Enterprise is an altered First Contact time line. In addition, it should be written by some of the best writers within Star Trek, too.

17. Jennifer Garner should make a cameo appearance within the next Star Trek film. It would be even cooler if she was a part of Section 31, as well.

18. Trekkies or folks just getting into Star Trek that haven't watched much Deep Space Nine should start watching the series with the Season 3 cliffhanger episode titled "Adversary" (DS9 Season 3: Disc 7) thru Netflix. They then should continue on with Seasons 4-7.

19. The Star Trek episodes are better than the films (with the exception of JJ Abram's film).

20. I hate how almost every ship has a circular bridge.

21. Star Trek First Contact was the only descent TNG film and it really wasn't all that great as some folks make it out to be either.

22. Star Trek: Enterprise should have took place 5-10 years (20 at most) before Kirk was born.

23. Star Trek: Enterprise should have been called Star Trek: Phoenix with the ship being called by the same name. Also, the ship should have looked more primitive and it shouldn't have had a saucer shaped exterior design, either.

24. Enterprise's Bound (The one with the Orion Slave Women) was the most ridiculously retarded explanation I have ever seen used within an episode of Star Trek. The Orion Slave Women are actually the Masters? Come on. That has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard on Star Trek.

25. Star Trek: Enterprise should have had an all human crew. Also, encountering a new alien race should have been a big event or big deal and not some kind of re-hashed bad Voyager episode, too.

26. TOS's Doomsday Machine Remastered is one of the best episodes of Star Trek. In fact, if it doesn't send chills down your spine. Something is wrong.

27. It takes time to get used to the effects on the Original Series. I grew up watching a few TOS episodes when I was a kid in the early 80s. Then, later, in the 90s: I couldn't stand watching the show because of the effects and cheesy sets. However, after becoming a huge fan of TNG, DS9, and VOY: I ended up giving TOS another shot by watching it late at night on the Sci Fi Channel and got hooked. So I definitely recommend in re-watching all of the episodes at least 10 times before saying no to it.

28. The Original Series and Deep Space Nine are the strongest series within Star Trek. No discussion. No debate. It's a fact.

29. The Dominion War episodes on Deep Space Nine is comparable to some really good films.

30. There should have been some type of Maqui rebellion on board Voyager in the first season of the show. Oh, and Harry should have gotten it on with Seven of Nine, too.

31. It was such a crock how Neelix left the show. I mean, right before the crew almost gets home, he just happens to run into his own kind past Borg space. Come on. That was just so freakin' retarded.

Last edited by Luther Sloan; March 24 2010 at 03:21 AM.
Luther Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote