View Single Post
Old March 23 2010, 10:44 AM   #60
Orac Zen
Mischief Manager

Re: Unpopular Trek Opinions What Are Yours?

• Kirk isn't that great a character, particularly from TOS's second season onward (when he became more Shatner-as-Kirk than a character in his own right)
  • "The City on the Edge of Forever" and "The Trouble With Tribbles" are very overrated episodes
  • TWoK is a very overrated movie
  • Robin Curtis' Saavik is nowhere near as bad as she's made out to be. Kirstie Alley's Saavik is nowhere near as good as she's made out to be.
  • DS9 is a very overrated series; "The Visitor" is one of Trek's most overrated episodes
  • Quark is a more insufferably irritating and useless character than Neelix and Wesley put together. The Ferengi in general are a waste of space
  • Voyager is nowhere near as bad as many people make it out to be (in fact, I had no idea I was supposed to despise it, or what a complete imbecile I supposedly am for liking it, until I joined TBBS)
  • the Klingons are boring, particularly the 24th century variety
  • Q is an excruciatingly irritating character with no redeeming features whatsoever
  • Berman and Braga are not hellspawn, and Moore is not the second coming (if that isn't an unpopular opinion I don't know what is ).