View Single Post
Old March 22 2010, 11:30 PM   #46
Danny99
Vice Admiral

Re: Unpopular Trek Opinions What Are Yours?

Joel_Kirk wrote: View Post
*The Visitor is over-sentimental, and over-rated....and I would have had another older, 'handsomer' actor portray the older Jake. (Or at least an actor who resembled Cirroc Lofton).

*Far Beyond the Stars is over-sentimental, preachy. (I would have preferred it don't another way....I just don't know what 'way' it is).
Add in City On The Edge Of Forever and I dare say you have the three most over rated hours in television history.

City's love story, like many Trek has attempted, is simply blah. It's hard to take Kirk's love, here and later on in Requiem For Methuselah, seriously when all he does in most TOS episodes is sleep around for lack of a better term.

Far Beyond The Stars seems to have been created as something to keep Avery Brooks around (in addition to his opposition to helping Vic in Badda Bing, Badda Boom).

The Visitor had a cool concept, but was not this epic that everyone seems to make it.

As for other thoughts:

TNG had the worst crew. By the end of the series, they seemed like a ship full of arrogant pencil pushers.

Masks was a good episode.