View Single Post
Old March 16 2010, 08:54 AM   #342
Daneel
Rear Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2010

^ For a minute there I thought you meant the TNG episode "Descent, Part II". I was wondering why you were mentioning that in the movie thread.

Direct-to-DVD? Huh, I thought they might do at least a limited theatrical release or something, but ah well. I guess that means I'll get to see it soon anyway. The first Descent is also one of my favourite horror films, so I too hope it doesn't suck.

Haven't had much time for movie-watching lately, but I did see The Hurt Locker a few weeks ago (before the Oscars). A good film, I don't deny, but it didn't quite grab me like I hoped it would. Maybe I'll rewatch someday and see if my opinion changes at all.

What else... Oh yes: Valentine's Day. You know, one of the advantages of being a single male is generally not having to see films like this. Alas, I made the mistake of telling my sister that I'd treat her to any movie she wanted to see for her birthday. She picked this one. It was about what I expected: lame, clichéd, and predictable. To be generous, though, there may have been a couple of genuinely funny moments, but not enough to make me wish I hadn't spent the money on the tickets.

On the plus side, my sister didn't really like it either, so at least I had someone to commiserate with.
Daneel is offline   Reply With Quote