View Single Post
Old March 16 2010, 02:11 AM   #24
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Upcoming Productions for March/April/May

Captain Randy Hall wrote: View Post
>>Your idea may have merit, but in my opinion it is not a realistic idea. The amount of time it would take to gather and continually update what would amount to a huge spreadsheet would be an enormous undertaking that I doubt you have the resources to keep up with.

Let’s look at this a little closer with regard to Farragut. Over the past year our schedule has been turned upside down on several occasions to allow us the time necessary to build our own sets, release A Rock And A Hard Place, re-film Just Passing Through, create additional costumes, work and support Starship Polaris, socialize and keep our day jobs and feature Starship Farragut at every possible convention we can and still giving away hundreds of DVD’s.

Now I’m not saying everyone is that busy, but we are. To provide a schedule of releases would not be practical. It’s funny, I remember talking with you Randy, and you indicated that you would be very displeased if NEO-fx missed the end of the year deadline for The Needs Of The Many. Like you were owed. This labor of love for us takes time to produce, schedules to coordinate. I hope you understand when I say we will not be offering dates for a release unless we are absolutely positive that we can make it.<<

I've been doing that on a weekly basis since July. Could you do it?
Putting aside for the moment that Tacket already answered this question, what you are talking about is, plain and simple, apples and oranges, Randy. It's not even in the same league.

There is a world of difference between watching a short film and reviewing it, and mounting a full-on production of a short film, distributing it, and still maintain some semblance of a normal life.

This is not to say that you don't work just as hard, far from it. However the commitment of time, effort and resources involved in producing a short film like Farragut is astronomical compared to what you are doing.

Again, I ask you why you are ignoring my previous questions.