View Single Post
Old March 16 2010, 01:03 AM   #10
Captain Randy Hall
Commodore

Re: Upcoming Productions for March/April/May

Let me start out by saying that my brother and I had a negative experience with the folks of the Farragut. I'm sure if you asked several people, you'd get five different responses. At least, that's my humble opinion on those opinions. We went our separate ways and I figured that was the end of that.

The catch came when I starting doing Fan Film Friday. Whatever my thoughts on the Farragut were, it was obvious the group was producing something people who like fan films would want to know about. On the other hand, I could simply look the other way and promise that "someday" I'd get to it.

It came down to my ultimate question: "What would Kirk do?" I've been saying that since I became a fan in the 1970s, and my favorite starship captain would always reply: "Do something, dammit. You're the captain!"

That saying is still ringing in my ears as I've been recuperating from the car crash I was in last September.

Same with this. Kirk would include everyone and give everybody a fair shake. And I've been attempting to do that since the column last September. The only difference I have with this series as opposed with that film is the response I often get when something is going to be released.

Lately, I've tried to be more current news as opposed to serving as a historian for stuff that came out. That's been my goal for the past few months.

Part of me wants to go on a point-by-point rebuttal of what's been in the past few entries. I'll keep it low since this is a thread about fan films and not me.

Last edited by Captain Randy Hall; March 16 2010 at 01:13 AM.
Captain Randy Hall is offline   Reply With Quote