View Single Post
Old March 15 2010, 02:57 PM   #336
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: Movies Seen in 2010

Saw Green Zone, and I was disappointed by it. It was a fun thriller, but it was so heavy-handed in its political agenda it was just off-putting. Even as someone who is generally apolitical, and a big fan of Paul Greengrass, it was annoying to see a film push such a one-sided point-of-view. The Hurt Locker, comparatively speaking, was much better: it wasn't concerned about politics but was more concerned about just telling a damn good story.

I mean, I really wanted to like Green Zone. I love Paul Greengrass (United 93 is one of my favorite movies of all time), I love Matt Damon, and I love these type of films. But what made United 93 so damn good was because it wasn't concerned about telling a conspiracy thriller about 9/11, it was basically a retelling of the tragic event that occurred and the passengers' heroic plight to save their lives. Green Zone, on the other hand, has none of that subtle minimalism that made United 93 so great. However, John Powell delivered (once more) a fantastic score, and the first act was damn compelling storytelling.
JacksonArcher is offline   Reply With Quote