View Single Post
Old March 9 2010, 06:22 PM   #9
DBall
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: TNG Movies...Are We Missing Out???

I personally would have loved to see a DS9 movie come out after the TNG movies... but due to it not being as popular, that didn't happen (on an entirely different rant, DS9 was my favorite one... great characters, some gritty darkness, incredible arcs... I digress).

As for the ST09 movie, I remember seeing an interview with JJ where he said something like, "I'm not really too concerned with the Trek fans, they will come regardless because it's a Star Trek Movie... I'm making this for the people who don't know any of the back story, to introduce it to new people". I wish I could find that video interview to reference it, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw it. That kinda turned me off to it before I watched it, and when I saw it, I really wasn't blown away and there were some things I really didn't like about it.

That being said, my wife, who's really not into Trek at all LOVED it... as did many other people who never really cared for Trek. JJ succeeded in what was his overall mission... he made Trek relevant for people who just didn't pay it any attention before.

Oh well... at this point I'm pretty starved for new Trek, so it'll do, but I'd much rather see something wholly fresh and new as opposed to a rehashing of the past.