View Single Post
Old March 9 2010, 02:04 AM   #6
Mr Troi

Re: TNG Movies...Are We Missing Out???

indolover wrote: View Post
First Contact, IMO, was the best Trek film ever, period. And certainly the best TNG film.
We will just have to agree to disagree on that.

I don't think you can say that The Next Generation was discarded by that utter abomination last summer. Star Trek 90210 was just a different version of Star Trek. There are probably more inconsistencies in the Star Trek canon than there are in the bible so I've always just thought of TNG and DS9, Voyager and Enterprise (whenever I watch them) as seperate shows with no substantial relationship between them. For example, it is inconceivable that Enterprise could have been a true prequel to TOS and TNG. When I watch Q Who and we're seeing the Borg for the first time - it is the first time for me. I personally disregard all that Enterprise crap. There is no canon for me. I'll take TOS and TNG, Star Trek 1 - 10 but everything else just didn't happen for me.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, as a movie series, TNG has well and truly run its course. I'd say one of the good things about Nemesis is that it left us with Picard still with the Enterprise and still exploring the galaxy and thats how I'd like to remember him.