View Single Post
Old February 25 2010, 12:06 AM   #248
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile
Re: Movies Seen in 2010

Harvey wrote: View Post
Instead of talking about that, though, let me bring up Gone Baby Gone. I only saw the film in the theatre, but I didn't like it that much. What you find to be an interesting structure, CaptainCanada, I found to be annoying--the film is basically two parts conjoined by some awkward voice over. Not a bad outing for a first-time director, though. Perhaps I should give it another chance on DVD.
I didn't think this was a bad film, but one of the most overrated of the year. You'd have to be an idiot to believe the kid was really dead in the middle of the movie.

__________________________________________________ ___
2/24 MASH (1970, Altman) (Blu-Ray) [C]

For something that is supposed to be culturally relevant and highly entertaining, I was not impressed with this film. The "suicide is painless" intro goes on for what seems like 15 minutes, followed by another 20 minutes of walking around and doing nothing, followed by a bunch of characters that I can't remember the names of talking and talking and talking. There's a handy interactive guide that shows the characters names on the screen. I probably should have used that. I lost track of the plot somewhere near the middle... or so I thought. Then I realized this movie didn't really have a plot.