Old February 18 2010, 10:16 PM   #74
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Re: Was Picard wrong in I,Borg?

Pseudo wrote: View Post
USS KG5 wrote: View Post
RobertScorpio wrote: View Post

I totally agree with you on this. But let me try the devil advocate role;

If Q took you back into the past, to when Hitler was a baby, and gave you the opportunity to end Hilter's life and prevent his rise to power; would you? Going one further, what if Q swore to you that by killing the baby hitler, Earth's history would have been far less bloody; would you?

Rob
Nope, the war would just have happened with someone else, with the USSR instead of Germany, or at another time.

WW2 was a culmination of years of events, Hitler was just the right monster in the right place at the right time.

In fact WW2 occurring when it did may have saved millions of lives. Imagine what might have happened if the war had started a decade or two later when the antagonists had developed nuclear weapons technology.
So, I will mark both your answers down as no.

But read my question CLOSER. If Q was able to guarentee that WW2 would not happen, at all, would you do it. If he took you to Stalins house when he was a baby and offered you a "two for the price of one" deal, and total peace would come to Earth, would you take the life of those two or not?

Rob
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote