View Single Post
Old February 18 2010, 05:51 AM   #227
Dusty Ayres
Commodore

Re: Movies Seen in 2010

Daneel wrote: View Post
Dusty Ayres wrote: View Post
I just turned 42 yesterday (the 16th) and I'll be going to see Avatar again for the 3rd time at the Coliseum 10-A in Mississauga (near Toronto) as well as take in some video game playing at the nearby Playdium arcade this weekend. Anything else worth seeing that I'll go and see? I'm not too sure, I'll have to check.
I was at the Mississauga Coliseum yesterday (BTW, what does "10-A" mean? 10 screens? If so, then, just to be nitpicky, I'd like to point out that there are actually 12, not including the IMAX ). I was there with my dad; he hasn't seen Avatar yet, so I was going to take him to see it on the IMAX (only way to go with this film!) Alas, they were sold out, so I guess we'll have to try again within the next week or two.

We went to see The Wolfman instead. I was rather underwhelmed; it's not terrible, but the whole thing just felt kind of "meh" to me... very average, not to mention (as a remake) unnecessary. I'm not really planning to watch it again anytime in the near future.
The 10-A designation is used because there are two theaters named Coliseum (the one I call 10-A is the original Mississauga theater; 10-B is the Scarborough one).

If you want to see Avatar in IMAX 3D, go to the Scotiabank Theater in downtown Toronto-you might have better luck seeing it there.
Dusty Ayres is offline   Reply With Quote