View Single Post
Old February 13 2010, 07:34 AM   #49
Blueicus
Captain

Re: Was Picard wrong in I,Borg?

Admiral Shran wrote: View Post
indolover wrote: View Post
Neutral Zone wrote: View Post
I think if Picard had gone through with the plan it would have only slowed the Borg down, they always had a knack of surviving. I always thought the early introduction to the Borg by Q was wrong. Up to then they never knew we exisisted and they were busy eating up the Delta Quadrant.
Archer met the Borg.

Seven of Nine was assimilated years before Q Who happened.

It's a screw-up in continuity from the writers, since we were led to believe that Q Who was the true first contact between the Borg and the Federation.
The Borg in Enterprise isn't a continuity issue, since the Collective in the Delta Quadrant didn't learn of the incident until about the time of "Q Who."

Having Seven and her parents assimilated when they were, however, was a continuity error, IMO. Though, I can believe that the Borg didn't think humanity was that important to worry about after those three individuals were assimilated and only decided to try to assimilate the race at a later date.
But the Borg were already active in and around Federation space prior to Q Who, such as those outposts destroyed around the time of the episode "The Neutral Zone". You could justify what happened by assuming that the Borg destroyed those outposts because they assimilated Seven's parents' ship and decided to probe these new species they just learned about.