View Single Post
Old February 12 2010, 07:06 PM   #30
Hermiod
Admiral

Re: Emily Blunt: Genre babe of the week #7 (Feb. 2010)

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
And I don't understand voting negatively on her simply beause one hasn't seen her in anything. It seems to me this entire series of threads is based on judging a woman on her looks.
Because, Trekker, I refuse to treat women, even famous ones, like they're slabs of meat. Personality is important to me. In Emily Blunt's case it is not that I have not seen her anything (I haven't though) but I don't know enough about what she's like as a person.

There are a lot of women out there, especially of the famous variety, who look great but are miserable, hateful bitches, quite frankly. On the other hand, there are other women who might not be quite as good looking but actually smile occasionally - and not just for posed photographs.

That's not to take anything out on Emily Blunt. I gave her a sideways simply because I don't know anything about her. She's a very nice looking woman but so is every other woman picked for these threads.

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Fair enough. I just took the opportunity to respond to a general attitude that's come out in this thread, but has been around for a while now. It seems that people only turn out for, or vote thumbs up for the big name celebrities. In a way, it makes sense, but still, it would be nice if people weren't so dismissive of the unfamiliar.

As for Emily Blunt, I thought she was a big name. She's everywhere, or so I thought.
Maybe she is, as I've said in the past - I don't watch as much TV as I used to and I haven't seen any of the film's she's been in. I'm less aware of people in the public eye as a result.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote