View Single Post
Old February 11 2010, 02:42 PM   #13
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

3D?

In 2012 the 4th of July holiday falls on a Wednesday. Last month Paramount picked Friday June 29th for the release date of the Star Trek sequel to take advantage of the holiday. Well Sony wants in on the action and so today announced Tuesday July 3rd to release their reboot of the Spider-man franchise.

They also announced the next Spider-man will be in 3D. Will Star Trek follow in the 3-D Trek?
Producer JJ Abrams spoke about 3D Trek last October, at the Star Trek DVD press conference:
Question: Any chance of you shooting the next Star Trek film in 3-D?
JJ Abrams: It is funny. Paramount talked to me about doing the first one in 3-D and, having it only be my second film, I was petrified just at the additionĖI thought it would be another dimension of pain-in-the-ass. I thought I would be like, "oh my god, I just want to make a decent 2-D movie.Ē I was so worried that, instead of being a decent 2-D movie, it would have been a bad 3-D one. So Iím open to looking at it because now I feel a little bit more comfortable and, if I, in fact, direct the sequel to our Star Trek film, 3-D could be really fun, so Iím open to it. What Iíve seen of Avatar makes me want to do it, because itís so crazy-cool looking.
...if Paramount wanted the first Trek in 3D, they are likely to really want the second one to be 3D. Especially if they have to go head to head with a 3D Spidey.
http://trekmovie.com/2010/02/10/sony...rek-go-3d-too/

If it is to be shot in 3D it will be shot digitally...
jefferiestubes8 is offline   Reply With Quote