View Single Post
Old February 5 2010, 01:43 AM   #44
Plomeek Broth
Captain

Re: FARSCAPE..worth the trouble?

First time Farscape viewer here.

I have watched the first 10 episodes of Season One so far. I really like the characters, especially D'Argo and Rygel. I'm down with the puppets. However, the actual stories themselves so far seem really disconnected and the opening scene of some episodes make me feel unsettled because they start in the middle of something already happening and there is no leading up to how they got where they are, who they are dealing with, and what is actually going down. It feels like I skipped a scene or two at the beginning of an ep when really I haven't. On a positive, this is the first sci fi show I have seen that feels truly alien in space and very very weird (read creative and fresh). I keep hearing Season 1 is the worst and just stick with it and most people say the Bugs Life ep is when things get good or sometime late in the season. Heck, I can't wait to get a few eps down the line to where Chiana is introduced.

So far so good. I've watched the first 10 eps only (but they really do feel standalone and I am clamoring for the story arcs). Is this a typical first time viewer reaction to Farscape?