View Single Post
Old February 2 2010, 08:16 PM   #166
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2010

Harvey wrote: View Post
Kegg wrote: View Post
In its own way, Sunshine was the precusor to Defying Gravity. Don't tell the people who think it's one of the best real sci-fi movies in years I said that, though. A waste of Cillian Murphy, really.
Forget Cillian Murphy--what a waste of Michelle Yeoh.
Honestly I'd forgotten she was even in that movie.

As far as the science goes, I submit Defying Gravity again: Go with as much scientific plausibility except if it gets in the way of a really stupid story, because a movie just about a plausible space mission is not something anyone wants to see.

I was arguing with a friend over the end of the movie last night. She was trying to convince me that it was all about spirituality. I thought that was bunk, really.
I think it was. Spirituality is something that drives people crazy, was the message, yes? If memory serves the third act villain was a Chrtistian of some sort. A fair enough stand (as old as War of the Worlds and its snivelling curate as far as sci-fi goes) but not revolutionary.