View Single Post
Old January 29 2010, 07:18 PM   #13
JustKate
Rear Admiral

Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

I've been a fan since the days of b/w TV as well. I've only been a member here for about a year and a half, though, and the reason is...

...now, I don't want to offend anybody...

...but the reason it took so long is that in my early days on the Internet, Star Trek sites seemed to be absolutely dominated by the kind of Trek fan who not only remembered who played Red Shirt #2 on Episode # 21, "The Wrath of Tribbles," or what Picard's first cousin's middle name was or whatever, but who also had no interest in talking to anybody who didn't know that sort of thing. In other words, it seemed as though fan sites were absolutely dominated by the kind of fan parodied on SNL. There's nothing wrong with being that kind of fan - all power to geekdom! - but that's just not the kind of fan I am. So I lost interest in fan sites, though never in Trek.

I have no idea why I suddenly decided, a year and a half ago, to take another look, but I did, I found a couple of sites and this one very quickly became my favorite. Which it still is. And it's great because if I want to know who played Red Shirt #2 on Episode # 21, "The Wrath of Tribbles," or what Picard's first cousin's middle name was or whatever, I know where to come. But if I want to talk about something a little less SNL-skittish, I can find that as well.
JustKate is offline   Reply With Quote