Thread: Mass Effect 2
View Single Post
Old January 27 2010, 12:03 AM   #92
Ryan
Commodore

Re: Mass Effect 2

bullethead wrote: View Post
firehawk12 wrote: View Post
Not that I wouldn't want Gay/LesbianShepard, but this is a game where FemShep is a billion times better than MaleShep but BioWare INSISTS on using bald space marine as the cover model because 17 year old boys can't handle a girl with guns who isn't just a walking pair of breasts. Oh well.
Blame the marketing department. The reason there's practically no marketing stuff with FemShep is to preserve continuity with ME1's marketing after the multi-gender ad campaign for Jade Empire didn't pan out. As for why they didn't go with FemShep in the first place, it might have had something to do with the fact that scifi is still considered to be a guy thing, despite large numbers of female scifi fans existing
Destructoid did an interesting article on why Shepard is better as a woman which I completely agree with. I can't help but play as and think of Shepard as a female (and I usually play male characters). Putting aside the rather sizable gulf in voice acting abilities, FemShep is just a more interesting character.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote