View Single Post
Old January 24 2010, 07:03 PM   #6
Lord Garth

Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

I've been a member of TrekBBS since 1999 and I was a moderator for six years (2002-2008). I've moderated this particular forum twice. I moderated TOS in between my two stints in GTD and afterward I moderated the Fan Film forum and helped with the transition when ST XI graduated from Future of Trek to a forum of its own. I also put up two FAQs, one in TOS and another in the Movie (I-X) Forum.

Wow, typing that was cumbersome. I did a lot for the board.

I've been a Star Trek fan since 1991, coming up on 20 years, and I got pulled in through Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, which my parents bought on VHS. After that, I watched all the other movies and couldn't wait for ST VI.

I saw the preview for TNG and the beginning of the tape for ST IV, and rented "Encounter at Farpoint" but I didn't really like it. But when I found out Spock was going to be on an episode of TNG, that pulled me in.

I continued to watch Star Trek until 1999, after DS9 ended and after the Ron Moore episodes of VOY were done. I finally managed to watch the last two seasons of VOY (along with the rest of the series) on DVD in 2008. I like the series better now than I did during its original run.

I always preferred the TOS movies to the TNG movies, aside from FC, so I was looking forward to ST XI and, for the most part, it delivered. Here's to the next one!

Outside of Star Trek, I have several other interests which include anime, old sitcoms, Oz, Battlestar Galactica, Mad Men, and now Caprica.