View Single Post
Old January 22 2010, 09:55 AM   #135
Hunter X
Rear Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2010

I've been catching up on my 2009 movies lately, seeing as the only new movie I saw all last year was probably Avatar. Oh, and Star Trek and The Time Traveler's Wife (which is like a cliff notes version of the book. Except without the plot and character development of cliff notes. )

Anyways, in 2010:
District 9: I actually started this on a plane on the way home for Christmas, so my viewing experience was a little disjointed to say the least. However, it was good. I don't know if I would feel the need to watch it again, but I wouldn't complain if someone else put it on. It was pretty intense, with good action and story. I liked the ending too.

The Hurt Locker: I think tomalak301 said what I thought much better than I could. It's intense, disturbing, and sticks in the brain. I couldn't get over how intense being stared at by Iraqi onlookers all the time during those bomb diffusion scenes would be. The scene where the soldier looks up to see someone videotaping them...terrifying, yet so simple.

The Princess and the Frog: What can I say, I needed something light--very light--after the last two. It was fun, but more wacky than classic, as most recent Disney flicks have been (all the way back to Hercules). I was shocked when the side character died and stayed dead, but in an impressed sort of way. And the prince character made me laugh once or twice. So it entertained and surprised me; not a bad thing.
Hunter X is offline   Reply With Quote