View Single Post
Old January 20 2010, 06:04 PM   #26
snakespeare
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to snakespeare
Re: eBook Formats and Readers ?'s

JWolf wrote: View Post
According to Nokia, Apple stole some of the iPhone from them. So who knows. And Apple stole the GUI from Xerox.
As a former Xerox employee, I know the truth. Xerox chose to terminate the PARC project and the engineers contacted Steve Jobs of their own volition seeking to continue their work. Apple hired all of them and increased their pay. This is still talked about in Webster, NY with regret, not to mention in Palo Alto, CA.

I notice you have not answered my question, and you continue to display characteristics of someone who has a vested interest. So I will, for now, assume that you work in Redmond. I have friends who work there, and they all hate Apple.

Tell me, how does it feel to know that the CES was dominated by discussions concerning a device that did not yet exist from a company who did not attend? LOL!

As to whether the iPad (the latest rumored name) will affect the change that the Kindle has been trying to accomplish for a few years, we'll see. It's coming out one week from today. So I'm not going to buy any eReader or Kindle until I see what this new device can do.
snakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote