View Single Post
Old January 19 2010, 06:22 PM   #18
Saquist
Commodore

Re: NCC-1701 USS Enterprise Deck by Deck - WIP

havoc92 wrote: View Post
Saquist wrote: View Post
felixofgolden wrote: View Post
So you're hoping to use it as a basis for a lo poly version for a walkthrough using unreal or what have you? Yeah, there's lots of people who would love that!
The guys over at stationk7 have done portions of the FJ plans as a mod for Elite Force. Have you seen their work?
Another game engine you might be able to port to is Unity 3D. It allows for webpage based environments (with their plugin). Kinda like going to a flash page and playing a flash game, instead, you can play a full 3D game/walkthrough. Your work could possibly be used for that.
If I had this it could be imported into CAD and it would animate a walk through the ship that could be posted on Youtube.
I had thought about some walkthroughs of late. But I hadn't really given any major thought to how to go about it for the time being. I've never done video capture, so it's kinda lost on me for the moment. However, dumping a level or two into Oblivion for some fun has ocurred. That or Thief III.
The Bridge Commander network could use your modeling tallents sir. This could change games like Elite Forces to as a whole new map.
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote