View Single Post
Old January 18 2010, 05:42 PM   #20
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: Wow, Farscape was awesome!

Velocity wrote: View Post
Farscape had the best SF romance in my opinion.
Concurred. D'Argo/Chiana was just awesome.

No, really, it was seriously screwed up, especially the stuff that happened twixt seasons two and three.

CaptJimboJones wrote: View Post
I like the tacit acknowledgement from the creators that they knew they had a small cult audience, and weren't ever going to achieve mainstream success with the show, so they never even bothered to try - they wrote it specifically for the niche audience. It was more filled with inside jokes, arcane references to distant episodes and deep, lengthy story arcs than pretty much anything else at the time that I'm aware of.
My favourite example is the ending arc from season two, which has a whole stretch that amounts to 'hey, remember all these aliens of the week from last year? THEY'RE BACK! And oh wait, aliens from this episode are lead by the guy from that other episode!'

That was actually one of the Farscape episodes I saw in passing on Skiffy and I had no idea what was going on. When actually watching the series it made sense.