View Single Post
Old January 12 2010, 09:19 PM   #507
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--The Thirteenth Order

Thor Damar wrote: View Post
Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
Oh, yes, that would be a very Cardassian curse indeed!
Indeed, I can actually hear Dukat or Damar snarling that at an irritant (perhaps Damar would mutter it at Weyoun after the vorta has left the room).
Especially Damar. Damar has a GREAT sneer when he's angry at Weyoun. I love that line where he goes, "Of COURSE it doesn't [concern us]" once Weyoun's out of the room.

There's a lot to love about this story, from the nickname for the Soldiers of the Union to Macet's recollection of meeting a certain French Starfleeter. I also gotta say that I loved Spirodopoulos' uneasy reaction to Macet and his attempt to reassure the young human.

It's a wonderful display of someone confronting his prejudices about an entire civilization and coming to terms with the fact that yes, Cardassians can be likable and respected.

Bravo!
Thanks!

Of course, Macet's not disturbed about Spirodopoulos' unease. I think to an extent, Cardassians actually act like that with each other: always a little bit wary until they get very close. Remember the incident in "The Wounded," where Picard recounts his FIRST encounter with the Cardassians, where the Cardassians didn't take it well that he approached with his shields down? You kind of get an explanation of that here.

And very glad you liked the mention of Picard! I think that's something I'll be going back to sometime...

Edit: NICE! A Macet avatar! Me likey!