View Single Post
Old January 12 2010, 12:23 PM   #62
CaptainSarine
Commander

Re: Star Trek: Restoration - Onyx

Kes

Glad Kalara is still a favourite character - she is most definitely central to my plans for this series and her storyline is going to take a lot of twists and turns as we go. I had originally not intended this little conversation with her mother, but when I realised that Redemption was in orbit of Khitomer it seemed dishonest if she didn't have some kind of contact with Elyra.

And yes, she did go there!

I love the EMH, as well. When I wrote that little scenette, I was thinking of the DS9 episode when Zimmerman comes to make Bashir the new EMH model and that little bit when he activates the old EMH who realises he is being replaced... Priceless!

New chapter up tonight or tomorrow night, I hope!

tenmei

Thanks so much for your comment. I hadn't thought of Kalara being a descendant of B'Elanna.... But that could totally be possible. We'll have to wait and see!

Mistral

I'm sure I'll get around to revealing what happened to Doc someday... Thought I'm not promising when.

That is so cool about the Picardo pic, he is one of my favourite VOY characters as well. Glad you enjoyed the banter.

Gibraltar

Happy that this deepening of Kalara's character worked for you. Like I said to Kes above, this whole confrontation with Elyra was a last minute addition to this storyline, but I enjoyed the opportunity both to flesh out Kalara's character and give a little idea of what is going on with the war against the Klingons.

And I hate to say this to all the Kalara lovers out there but there are more cards to be stacked against her and they're gonna start toppling very, very soon...

Thanks to you all for your comments!

Joel