Old January 10 2010, 03:46 PM   #153
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: TOS-Remastered: Fantastic, CGI: a waste of time

trevanian wrote: View Post
goldbug wrote: View Post
trevanian wrote: View Post

Truer words were only rarely spoken. Maybe they can put this in front of any new thread that gets onto the subject. For me, I just take the -r in TOS-r to mean retarded.

Opinions are like assholes..everybody's got one..

So pal lets get the gist of this..

You dislike TOS-R because of it's VERY existence..
... For reasons that I have clearly specified, in this thread and in others. Mutilating/altering a finished piece of work to widen appeal long after the fact is a slope that just keeps getting steeper, with more and more artistry being lost along the way (with more and more product being altered) to the lowest common denominator.

Get the gist, pal? Prob'ly not.
Actually, I don't. Not sure I see the problem people have making TOS presentable for HD broadcast. Most of the original effects are terribly blurry on my 40 inch-1080p LCD. I could see the issue if episodes with the original effects weren't available. But you have both the originals and the remastered episodes available on separate DVD releases and both versions available on the single Blu-Ray releases.

Hell... I'm interested in the episodes cropped for 16:9 televisions released in Japan. I've seen all the episodes dozens of times and am appreciating the new effects.