View Single Post
Old January 10 2010, 01:12 AM   #65
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Netflix and Warner Brothers Reach Deal

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
If there's a way to do it on Netflix, I haven't found it. Anyone know? It seems like an obvious thing.

It can't be automatic because what if you wanted to see disk 2 first for some reason. And I can't figure out how to set it. There should be a little "link" icon like they use in Photoshop layers, that you can click for each DVD you want in your chain. (Move the little "top" icon over to the right but still before the movie title.)

I'd put the icon greyed out between the list-order number and the movie title. Click all the DVDs you want in the chain to activate the icon - everyone will understand that intuitively.

And not just TV shows, if for some reason you want unrelated movies to arrive in a certain order, regardless of wait listing, why not let people do that?

but I still contend that you guys are the "power users" on Netflix, and not representative of the bulk of their customers.
If the bulk of their customers don't like the way Netflix does things, why are they customers? The situation will sort itself out. I don't care if other people want to bail.
Add the entire series and not just a particular disc. According to Netflix, if you add the entire series, they will send it in order, unless there is a wait list, and they won't ship any DVDs of that season until the first one is available.

This is from the help page:

Q:
How do DVDs in a series get shipped?

A:
If you are renting a series or season and add the entire season together, we will ship the DVDs in order. That means:
  • DVDs within the season will be shipped in order (Disc 1 will ship before Disc 2, etc.) unless you specifically change the order in your Queue.
  • If there is a wait for a particular DVD in a series, we will wait until the earlier DVD ships before we ship the next DVD in that series.
  • Seasons will be shipped in order that they appear in your Queue. If you have Season 1 and Season 2 in your Queue (in that order,) Season 2 DVDs will not be shipped to you until all Season 1 have been shipped.
  • If you added the individual DVDs to your Queue (rather than the entire series at once), those DVDs will be shipped in the order listed from your Queue.
"If you'd come today you would've reached a whole nation. Israel in 4 B.C. had no mass communication. " - Judas, Jesus Christ Superstar
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote