View Single Post
Old January 10 2010, 12:10 AM   #60
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Netflix and Warner Brothers Reach Deal

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
Scout101 wrote: View Post
Great that people are giving their personal experiences as to why this won't bother them, but I still contend that you guys are the "power users" on Netflix, and not representative of the bulk of their customers. Not to say that regular users aren't watching old movies, but I'd wager that for a large majority of the users, the bulk of their queues are filled with new releases, and movies that have come out in the last 3 months or so.
And see, I'd wager the opposite. My experiences and the conversations I've had with others who use netflix, it's about catching up with things you haven't seen, like TV, and not the new releases.
Same here. I know a ton of people who use Netflix, and they rarely use it to watch new releases. It's all about watching stuff they never saw the first time around or have missed due to scheduling conflicts (most Netflix users I know watch more TV shows than movies).

If people really want to see a new release these days, I think they're more likely to buy it (or to have already seen it in theaters).
Exactly. Well over half of the content on my Instant Watch queue is TV. For example, I just started watching Season 4 of Dr. Who. This is how I catch up, and it's great because I can't afford the season sets of Dr. Who, which makes this win/win.
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote