View Single Post
Old January 5 2010, 08:15 PM   #49
CeJay
Commodore

Re: Star Trek: Restoration - Onyx

Things really kicked off good in this second installment of your super-charged, spy/political, action thriller.

Even though I didn't care for how things started out. No, sir. Oh I like seeing Kalara back in charge, but only to have the fleet retreat? And where is Sarine? Looks like the worse really has come to pass. And still will ...

Not that things aren't looking like they are going to hell in a hand basket. Kalara's freakish nightmare is slowly turning into prophecy with Ianto surprising return. (Didn't see that one coming, at all) and the reveal of Williams as another spy (!!!) on the ship. It strikes me as odd that the Company who appears to want a war with the Klingons is actually working with them. But maybe it shouldn't, considering a similar alliance a few hundred years earlier surrounding the Khitomer Conference.

I never thought I would say this but it looks as if Dax's split personality syndrome might come in handy to try and stop Williams (who suffers from an eerily similar problem) and the Company. Haebron clearly has some history with these people. Not sure if it justifies the killing of Williams' parents but that the Company and the augments aren't nice guys is pretty obvious.

Oh and I kinda like Colin. Something tells me he could turn out to be the wild card in this wildly unpredictable ride you've taken us on.

Really terrific stuff. Well done.

Now with a complete United Trek story archive.
CeJay is offline   Reply With Quote