View Single Post
Old January 4 2010, 02:22 AM   #112
trevanian
Rear Admiral

Re: "Planet of the Titans" Revisited

Broccoli wrote: View Post
Captain Robert April wrote: View Post
I can certainly live without "Moonraker" and "View To a Kill", but I'm quite fond of "The Spy Who Loved Me", "For Your Eyes Only" and "Octopussy".
I agree with you on this.

trevanian wrote: View Post
Broccoli wrote:
Then you'd miss out on the excellent On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
They could have shot it as Dalton's second or third outing, and probably still had a Barry score, since he wouldn't have had to put up with Lewis Gilbert misusing Dolby on MR and other annoyances that chased JB away from JB after TLD.
What? That's not true. Barry wasn't "annoyed away". Barry was suppose to score TLK, but was undergoing surgery, so had to turn down the job.

By the time of GoldenEye, he was offered, but turned down job suggesting the producers go in another direction given the long break since the previous movie (link).

His relationship with the Bond producers was still good by the time of TND as he was the one who personally called Babs to suggest David Arnold for the job.
You've got your sources, I've got mine. John Glenn makes it pretty clear in his book that it was obvious Barry would never be scoring another Bond after TLD, and that fed into his cameo in that picture. I admire Barry tremendously, but there is a lot of backNforth over the origins of TheJamesBondTheme that call into question the accuracy of his recollections.
trevanian is offline   Reply With Quote