View Single Post
Old January 2 2010, 06:23 AM   #13
Christopher
Writer

Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars New Year's Day Double Featue

DarthPipes wrote: View Post
Yeah, I thought it was odd Gallia didn't get called by her name until late in the episode but that's par for the course in SW. Leia is never referred to by her last name in the original trilogy, Palpatine is never referred to as anything other than The Emperor in the original trilogy, Boba Fett is not referred to by name in ESB and Bail Organa is never referred to by his first name in the prequels.
But those are trivia. We don't need to know what Leia's surname is, but she's still given a name in the opening crawl of the film. And within the first few minutes, she addresses "Lord Vader" by name and C3PO calls out to R2D2 by name. Pretty much all the major characters are given at least some name in the first act.

In this case, it would've been easy enough to include a line in the first act where someone addressed this Jedi woman as Gallia. It's just good form to give your character some form of designation at the earliest convenient opportunity. Sometimes it seems like this show is being aimed only at people who are already intimately familiar with the Expanded Universe and already know who all these obscure Jedi and species and things are, and that's annoying to me, since I'm not familiar with it.

I pretty sure those were The Deserter's step-children. Remember how the point was made in this episode about choosing your own family.
I dunno, the younger one seemed to have humanlike coloration and diminished head-tail-thingies, suggesting a hybrid (never mind the genetic implausibility of that).

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote