View Single Post
Old January 1 2010, 05:26 PM   #2585
Wynterhawk
Commodore

Location: Wynterhawk is cool like the other side of your pillow
Re: The Official STAR TREK Grading & Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

I wondered, after re-watching it last night, with all the mistakes and whatnot, why was Kirk *just* promoted to Captain. Why not to a higher rank, if they considered what he did so fabulous that it deserved a promotion over other seasoned officers. Why wasn't Spock given the captaincy (let's say) and Kirk, First Officer, considering Spock did a lot of the grunt work. He risked his life to rescue the remaining Vulcans elders, piloted the Jellyfish, destroyed the drill, lost his *planet*. Wasn't that worth a medal, a clap on the back and a round of applause. Did they completely forget that Kirk wasn't supposed to be on the Enterprise anyway? Or were all of his infractions overlooked by this one heroic act.
Eh, I'm not digging that deeply into the plot, but this was just something that crossed my mind.

Last edited by Wynterhawk; January 1 2010 at 05:37 PM.
Wynterhawk is offline   Reply With Quote