View Single Post
Old January 1 2010, 03:55 PM   #45
John Picard
Vice Admiral

Re: Broadcasters' woes could spell trouble for free TV

Dusty Ayres wrote: View Post
John Picard wrote: View Post
Dusty Ayres wrote: View Post

So what do you use for basic phone service?
I dropped my landline as well once I could get a 3G signal to my house. No sense paying two phone bills.

Recharge the battery. Duh. Believe it or not, there are times when the phone company (landline) experiences outages and problems.

And how will you make sure that the kids don't fuck around with the phone using it all of the time?
Again,
Sorry, I don't have a cell phone, that's why I asked.

Myself, I've got a bundle from Ma Bell (Internet, satellite TV, basic phone) and I'm content with that. But just for info's sake, what is a 3G signal, and why is it better than a land line?

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, I'd suggest stocking up on as much DVD's of your favorite show as you can-when the new tax takes shape in June, you won't be able to buy as much as you're used to.
I live out in the sticks where there is no cable broadband service. Satellite is expensive and service is shit. I have a wireless device that picks up AT&T's "wireless broadband" signal that I use for connecting to the Internet, which means no more dial-up for me.

Having all bundle from one-provider, to me, is pretty much suicide. People I work with are hysterical, bitching that their cable bundle keeps going up in price -- as well as bitching when their digital phone service goes out. Um, Dumbass -- you can't tell the difference between the digital quality and analog considering you're not on a true digital connection. Top that off with losing phone service when there's a power interruption due to a storm -- where's the advantage? None.